- Starbank Park commands dramatic panoramas over the Firth of Forth to Fife. A great place top watch the passing ships and brightly coloured yachts. Within the park there are annual beds; one shaped in as a eight-pointed star and two crescents. These depict the 'Star of the Sea' believed to be symbolic of a ship's compass and harking back to the days when Forth sailors navigated the oceans by the stars. At the back of Starbank House the level part of the park is laid out formally with rose beds.
- History and heritage
- Originally, Starbank House an dits gardens were the home of the Rev. Walter M. Goalen, founder and rector of little Christ Church in Trinity Road, now a private dwelling. In 1889, on the death of the Rev. Goalen, the old Leith Town Council bought the classical, two-storied Starbank House and its grounds, which at that time boasted a fine rose garden and tennis court. They were later linked with the gardens of Laverockbank House and renamed Starbank Public Park.
- Visitor information
- Lothian bus routes 11 and 16.
- Management Plan
- Download the park management plan
Ramp access at rose garden
Recently refurbished bothy and toilets (available for events only), children's library and Hans Christian Anderson themed story/nature trail.
- Get Involved
- Friends of Starbank Park