Buttercup Farm Park

Title Buttercup Farm Park
Address Ardshiel Avenue
Postcode EH4 7HP
Telephone 0131 529 5050
Email northwest.locality@edinburgh.gov.uk
Facilities Play area, Seating, Playing fields, Wheelchair accessible, Picnic tables, Toddler area
Background Buttercup Farm Park is the first new public park to be created in Edinburgh since Craigmillar Castle Park at the turn of the millennium. It is on the site of the former Drumbrae Primary School playing fields in Corstorphine. Opened in August 2014, phase one has seen the creation of the new park landscape and drainage, with a number of pathways - including a central avenue and circular path bordering the site. There is a new inclusive play area, toddler area with lawn, picnic tables and seating and places to play and walk.Phase 2 will see additional landscaping including the planting of a number of feature trees and the reinstatement of the Dunblane Memorial trees. The main park path will become a tree lined avenue with a central beech hedge feature providing shelter to the play areas. Wildflower meadows will also be prepared ready for seeding.
History and heritage The park is named after the poultry farm that was on the site. Built in 1922, it was established by Andrew Ewing, founder of Buttercup Dairy Company, which at its peak had more than 250 shops over Scotland and the north of England. At the time, the farm was the largest egg producer in the country.
Organise an event Find out how to organise an event
Getting involved Buttercup Farm Park on Facebook
Location map 55.95066203379363,-3.2926733555725604
Image Buttercup Parak play area