Coates Crescent

Title Coates Crescent
Address Coates Crescent
Telephone 0131 529 5151
Email southeast.locality@edinburgh.gov.uk
Facilities Seating, Floral displays, Monument
Background This Georgian crescent, with its twin, Atholl Crescent, were part of Edinburgh's New Town western development and substantially completed by 1825. Both crescents face each other across the main approach road into west Princes Street and their fronting gardens provide a welcome splash of green in what is one of the busiest parts of town.
History and heritage Coates Crescent came into the care of the City of Edinburgh Council in 1949. Coates Crescent is home to an important staue of William Ewart Gladstone (1809-98), the former British Prime Minister with strong Edinburgh connections.
Organise an event Find out how to organise an event
Location map 55.948666,-3.212451
Image Silver birch in Coates Crescent